Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Two to one

Stats class has taught me all about ratios.

I'm feeling like 2:1 is my current ratio in life.

Two trips, one suitcase. My jaunt to the East was an incredible success. The Debauchelorette (please cite me when using this coined term) was less debauchery and less bachelorette-y than one might expect and more fun, fun, fun with college friends. The trip to Duke was great as well. Which brings me to...

Two masters, one program. Yup. I'm stoked. In three years I'll be the master of global environmental change and the master of social entrepreneurship. Just what I need to make things happen in this world, right? And in both locations, I had the pleasure of being hosted by...

Two hosts, one region times two plus one. Rachel graciously hosted me at her expansive Queens apartment, and Kiira astounded me with the Brooklyn Museum view from her living room. A Nicholas student hosted me in her unique Old North Durham apartment, and fellow-Whitman alumna and current MBA candidate, Sara, showed me the benefits of living in THE place to be as a business school student. Very, very nice. Added bonus goes out to my fabulous extended family that hosted me in Mt. Airy, North Carolina. I got so excited about living in this new state that I just didn't want to go home. But I'm so glad that I took the...

Two planes, one flight (with a connection in Minneapolis, love it) home so that I could benefit from...

Two pairs of skis, one epic day. Twelve glorious inches fell on the mountain last night (more like 3 sopping inches of rain here at Sage Haven). I hit the slopes and hit up a friend to see if there might be a crew that I could join. The crew laughed at my 2006 World Cup Slalom Fischers and sent me to their place of employment to pick up a pair of Dynastars. I have never been in love with something so fat. I went from two face plants in an hour to three hours of shredding the gnar! Ripped it up, if I don't say so myself. And I should have taken some pictures since I recently invested in...

Two technology upgrades, one technology downgrade. I now have a working digital camera (I managed to break it on a trip to Yosemite last spring, but finally got around to paying some dough to get it fixed... probably more than it's worth, but alas!) and a phone that isn't four years old (I think my tumble in the race two weeks ago cracked the screen, so now I can text with a full keyboard). The downgrade is the snow that's on the TV when you hit the power button. Back to TV-free living. And at such an inopportune time because out of their last three games Baylor had...

Two wins, one loss. This puts Duke into the Final Four this weekend. But I have to work...

Two days, one job. I wouldn't be able to watch them. Unfortunately there's not enough time to put in my...

Two weeks. I can't think of a one to go with it, so that's all folks!

3 comments:

  1. What a trip(2:1)! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you got back in time to enjoy the new snow on the mountain. The ice is breaking up early on the lake. It got up to 70 today. Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could have gone with, "Two weeks, one fortnight".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update ... very clever!! Keep your blog posts coming .... Love, A.C.

    ReplyDelete