Thursday, March 4, 2010

Do-do, do-do, do-do

That's the sound of the Tivo fast forward times three. Can you hear it now? Good.

Tivo and me: reunited at last. And I'm blasting backwards 5 days to the Closing Ceremony in Vancouver. And I'm going even further back in time with a four-legged friend. And reminiscing about my years growing up skiing and ski-jumping. Ahhh back to the future.

The week in review: Kirforce continues to be a pretty bad volunteer, but the shame she feels helps, right? Kirforce got 5th in this week's race, and actually stuck around to receive a portion of her winnings, making her thirty minutes late to her biology class. Segueing to the next topic nicely: Kirforce slacking off in her classes. Kirforce also managed to lose, remember where she lost, not retrieve, be notified of the location of, and receive in the mail her Idaho license and debit card. Chaos. Kirforce also received her car's title, making today the best post office pick-up ever. Kirforce also picked-up a sweet gig hanging out with Jessie, a festive black lab, in a beautiful house. And the best part about the week was a really fun weekend, reminding me of my San Francisco life. I definitely miss some aspects of it a lot. I think that moving up here was the right decision, but I do wish I could have my cake and eat it, too.

Right now I'm definitely witnessing the ski bum dancer wrestling with the barista mopping moper, and losing. We finally got some fresh pow today, pounding on the awnings over the cafe entrance. It might continue tomorrow, when I'm at work. And possibly the next day, when I'm at work. And even Sunday, when I'm at work. *sigh* In anticipation of the end of the season (April 18th officially, but I'm not sure the base will hold up that long), I conquered some runs on Wednesday that I hadn't attempted yet this year. At least I've been able to get to know the mountain pretty personally in spite of not so much snow.

I have lots to look forward to this month: an east coast adventure with old friends, older friends, and new classmates; hopefully a visit from Annemom; a "spring break" from school. March madness! It's on like Donkey Kong.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. Enjoy the last of winter at the mountain. We are enjoying sunny days with highs in the forties in the Moose Lake. Melting, mud, and the bleakness of brown and black landscapes will be the rule here soon. Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete