Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nervous Nancy

Tomorrow is the last Town Series race! I'm wearing the Sunset Subscriber slash Great Depression matching jogging pants and jacket costume. If I manage to pull together two runs, I could be on the Dream Team (the best standing individuals). I meant to tune my skis (it didn't happen). I meant to go to bed early (missed the boat on that one). I meant to have my eye on the prize (I have a first run meeting for Irish car bombs instead).

I also meant to get my life in order (I continuously fail at this). After a great visit from Annemom and her pal, I am all kinds of disoriented.

Booking flights to New York and Durham proved to be disastrous, falling back on a charitable mother for her monetary mileage. On Friday, I will close the cafe and drive to Boise. Do they offer hourly hotel rates? I only need one for four hours. My flight leaves at 6:30 AM on Saturday. I'll sleep my way to JFK, arriving just in time for Bachelorette Party shenanigans. Places that I will frequent in my travels (consider wardrobe requirements): ghetto motel, night out in Manhattan, Russian baths, headquarters of Sunset owner - Time Inc., bridal shop to try on a bridesmaid dress for a different wedding, lunches/dinners/drinks with friends/family/former coworkers, TBD intermediary trip to see family in Mt. Airy NC, casual environmental school events at Duke (student hosting, bonfire, and hike included), business-y business school events (luncheons, keynote speakers, "speed networking" are on the agenda).

AHH! Nervousness of packing beats the nervousness of tomorrow's race by a lot. Wish me the luck of the Irish! The last thing I want stolen is me lucky charms.

2 comments:

  1. That's SOME schedule! Ski fast and have a great weekend! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, safe travels!! Sounds amazingly busy and fun! Love your blog posts ... A.C.

    ReplyDelete