Thursday, March 18, 2010

B-O-M-silent B sauce

Bomb: can be good ("da bomb" circa 1997); can be bad (nuclear, failure).

In this case, it's bad.

I fell! What? I was the only one to wipe out!

So I bombed. And I blame the Irish Car Bombs that I consumed between runs. Oh and the Pabst. Dang. Celebrating St. Patrick's Day turned into an epic failure. No injuries from the fall, so I enjoyed more beverages and was one of the last people on the mountain.

Anyway, I surprised myself by how disappointed I was by the results. A bummer to end the season like that.

The new priority became enjoying the holiday. And I was "da bomb" at that. Prepping for the upcoming weekend of imbibing.

Then I bombed at getting to work on time (I woke up an hour late. It is so dark at 6:00 AM.). I bombed at feeling festive the day after the festivities and told the newspaper delivery man that I was worthless. He seemed concerned for my mental health.

But, I survived.

Now I'm bombing at packing. These basketball games impact productivity even if you don't have a full-time job. Duke is going all the way, bomb-diggity.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the holiday ... but sorry about bombing out of your last race. That's a bummer, but it happens in ski racing to the best of 'em. You're still on my dream team!! Ahhhh.... ;-) A.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose we should add "Don't Drink and Ski" to the list of other activities deemed more dangerous after consumption. I'm glad you didn't get hurt physically. Try to be a little more careful, OK? Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete