Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Triple twisting triple back flips

In the grand scheme of things, my life is not complicated. Especially in the context of the Olympics. Finally, Cox Communications got their act together to deliver my evening fix of athletic amazingness. (NBC and some other local channels have been jammed up the past few days.) The way that I'm fighting with this TV is probably why I haven't had one for the last two years.

But sometimes I feel like I'm doing triple twisting triple back flips right alongside the women aerialists in Vancouver, foggy haze and all.

Luckily the freezing fog here cleared up before my first Town Series run today. And the foggy haze of tracking down my car's title is clearing. And my employment is pretty much fog-free after being trained for opening and closing procedures and receiving my first paycheck (cha-ching).
Sanity has returned. At least I'm landing my twisting back flips for the time being.

In Town Series points are bad and consistency is good. Based on that I'm acing it like I'm acing my community college classes. Today I held it together on both runs, until the finish line where I crashed in front of ten observers. After losing a ski, I turned to my newest fans and said, "Ta-dah." I just wish it was captured on video. Unfortunately, the lady on the other course had an even better wipe-out. Impressive.

I skipped class today and went to the festive after party, hoping to come home and get some work done for my volunteer gig. Didn't have to claim the fifth, so I have no excuse. Ready, set, back flip!

2 comments:

  1. Yahoo for pay-day ... and for landing back flips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. write more. I want to know the latest Kirforce sagas!

    ReplyDelete