Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Msanga-stic

Last week I took an impromptu trip to the bush with four coworkers. Msanga is where we have a solar franchise station (batteries are swapped at a station run by an entrepreneur that has part ownership of the equipment and is, therefore, invested in the success of the business).

I can't even begin to describe how beautiful it was. Being out in a remote village (it was a three hour drive by car, which was nothing compared to the bus ride to Nairobi) was truly a system reset, reminding me about what we are trying to accomplish, who the population is that we are serving and how far I've come since my days in hyper-developed America and the corporate world.

The highlight of the trip was visiting our coworker's family's farm. Orange orchards, cassava fields, papaya trees and maize. I wish that I could share with you the incredibly fragrant and impossibly delicious oranges that I consumed immediately off of the tree. So peaceful and so majestic. So grateful for this experience.











3 comments:

  1. Almost makes me want to be there. Great pictures!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost? Not quite persuasive enough? How about a trip to Norway instead?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete