Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Head West

Yesterday I hopped on a bus with 5 of my coworkers and headed West. We're in Iringa, a hilltop city that's a mix between Central America hustle and African bustle with some strangely American panoramas.

This is our most remote location, so I came out to see what's working and how we can make it better. One of my project deals with expansion in this area. Always important to check out the scene.

I'll trek back to Dar tomorrow morning, but I was happy to make the trip up here. Fresh air and great sights. The region is much cooler (everyone says baridi, which means cold), and is a welcome change from the heat of the big city.

Our bus trip took us through Mikumi National Park, where we literally saw giraffe, elephant, zebra, impala, water buffalo and baboons from the highway.

All in a day's work here in Tanzania!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Not too many people get to have a safari sort of experience on their way to work! Certainly more exotic than a run to Duluth for cooler air! It's all downhill now for the alpine racer. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete