Thursday, July 5, 2012

Whoah, she's halfway there...

Whoah-oh! Livin' on a prayer!

This week marks the midpoint in my summer experience.

While I feel like I've accomplished a lot (personal, recreation, professional), this milestone means that my opportunity to make a lasting impact dwindles every day.

Luckily I was just assigned a behemoth of a modeling project with serious significance at the office. I'm also taking on some HR tasks, like creating employee/manager manuals and standardizing their review and promotion processes.

This week I also moved into a new house. I'm living with a some coworkers in a spot that's only 15 minutes from the office by foot (instead of an hour). The walk is great, too. It's through a very neighborhood-y area, where lots of people greet us with warm smiles. I'll miss my running route through the University of Dar, but hopefully I can discover a new, safe loop.

The house is really open and welcoming. Pros: high ceilings, no TV/AC/silly appliances and a big kitchen. Cons: foam mattress on the floor, mosquito-ville and less attractive plumbing situation. Regardless, I'm stoked about the move... ready to conquer the second half of my time in Tanzania. Take my hand, and we'll make it I swear!

2 comments:

  1. So now it's all downhill. Take a break from running and enjoy the daily walk. Just about the time you get settled you will be at the airport headed back. Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. k! just catching up here. SO impressed by all you're doing. miss you. xxx
    jess

    ReplyDelete