Monday, August 9, 2010

Revival

I'm feeling pretty at home. Vino in hand. E! on the big screen. Bay area bliss. But it's been a long journey. Wait, it's barely begun.

667 miles from Portland to Sunnyvale isn't too much of an undertaking. Unless you require a huge intermission two hours into the drive.

The intermission (shower, nap, food times two) was definitely a necessity. I had slept approximately three hours the night before courtesy of the magically fantastic Johnston wedding. I showed up at my copilot's apartment at a reasonable hour on Sunday morning, with fake eyelashes still intact and an aroma of festivities following in my wake. Luckily I managed to change out of the bridesmaid dress that I wore to bed, scratch that, sleeping bag (we camped at the wedding site. Did I mention that it was magical?).

Once we arrived at our hospitable and last minute housing at 5:00 AM, we slept until 8 AM and then took on a day of visiting. So the map of my past 48 hours looks like this. First stop: Sunset reunion! Second stop: Mountain View admiration and tacqueria sustenance. Third stop: Refined former roommate gathering in Livermore. Finally, a quick beer at my old watering hole in San Francisco. Too much fun!

Now it's off to Nevada.

Mileage count: 1550
Scheduled distance for tomorrow: 653

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So long California! Hello desert! How can I complain about temperatures in the 90's in Moose Lake when I compare it with your Escape marathon through the deserts of California and Nevada? Take care. Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a safe journey!! Can't wait to see you next Month!

    ReplyDelete