Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pump and Grind

Those of you that know Odie, know his sweet dance moves. When I was in Seattle (how many days ago was that? Ten?), I commanded Odie to "bump and grind," but the old golden retriever wasn't too excited about getting down with me.

As we drive through Texas, I'm feeling the pump and grind instead. The scent of oil is strong here, a few miles East of Lubbeck. We've been driving since 10 AM this morning.

Last night we reached Albuquerque at 7 PM, which was exactly the time that we were scheduled to arrive. We had an extremely bountiful dinner and intimate conversation at LaundroMat's uncle's home. How luxurious a warm shower and bed were.

Before grinding our way to Albuquerque, we took a scenic excursion to Sedona, at Mat's recommendation. I've driven a lot of twisty roads in my time, but nothing like the canyon scaling that we did to get to Sedona from Flagstaff. It was incredible. A day of plenty, we feasted at a raw organic vegan restaurant for lunch.

Today is entitled: Conquering Texas. It took us about four hours to get Texico, New Mexico (the border) from Albuquerque. If we get to Austin tonight, we'll have an eight and a half hour drive to get to New Orleans tomorrow. Pump and grind!

And Dad, I definitely enjoyed the meteor shower before dawn the other day. Beautiful!

Mileage yesterday: 430
Mileage today: 720
Total mileage count: 3825

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy the meteor shower. It was cloudy here, so I didn't get to see many meteors. It sounds like you are having a tremendous time and well over half way there! Enjoy! Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete