Friday, August 17, 2012

Things in threes

I've written about my life ratio before. I like seeing trends and quantifying the patterns of my life.

My summer seems to be "brought to you" by the number 3, stealing a line from Sesame Street.

  • Three long round-trip bus rides: Nairobi, Iringa and Arusha
  • Three reunions: Anne, Jen and Blake
  • Three trips to our closest stations in Chanika and Mbagala
  • Three glorious pikipiki rides (none with helmets, sorry Mom and Dad!)
  • Three dance parties
  • Three local beers: Kilimanjaro, Safari and Serengeti
  • Three pieces of meat on a mishkaki
  • Three sections of hair in the braids I regularly sport (old school without a dryer)
  • Three premature partings of acquaintances 
  • Three weddings I missed in the states
  • Three weddings I attended in East Africa
  • Three names: Kirsten, Kiki and my Dar Hash name...
  • Three (hundred) followers I got us up to for the company Twitter
  • Three ways to buy a solar lantern (I came up with the third option to sell the lantern separately from the panel initially)
  • Three (thousand) shillings, the standard bajaj fare to the peninsula
  • Three (hundred) shillings, the dolla dolla fare
  • Three types of bug bites: ants, mosquitoes and flies
  • Three (or more) nights in Dubai... depending on when I get on a standby flight.
  • Three days until I leave
  • Three months (yesterday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment