Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kirforce does Tanzania

I'm in Tanzania for the summer. This is truly my last chance ski bum dance before I head back to Durham for my last year of grad school and then potentially start my life as a "professional." I'll just use this existing site to record some of my happenings.

I arrived in the EGG-Energy office on May 16th after a two night layover in Dubai. In four weeks, I've been to the rainforest (when it was raining!), an island, the beach, downtown Dar's botanical garden, cathedral, fish market and absurd brunch buffet. I've run through the University of Dar campus. I went on a hash run. I've been swimming in the Indian Ocean. I've visited two of our stations and observed an installation at a Muslim school. I've created a number of Excel models. I've been doing a lot of journaling, but I'll spare you the details of my Lariam-distorted nightmares. I did want to share an entry that I wrote on Friday after my trip to rural Tanzania, so that will be the next post. You can also check out my post for the EGG blog... gives you a sense of what we are doing here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment